What’s a cryotherapy facial?
It may not sound particularly pleasant to freeze your face, but that’s exactly what a cryotherapy facial is — also referred to “frotox”, and people are loving them.
YOU’VE PROBABLY HEARD OF BOTOX… HOW ABOUT FROTOX?
It’s a coined term the beauty industry for Facial Cryotherapy! The cryo facial is a non-invasive and pain free treatment. One of its primary benefits is reducing wrinkles and fine lines, without invading your facial skin with a needle.
By using specialized cold therapy, applied with our state of the art localized cryotherapy, your skin is cooled to low, but safe temperatures. Cooling the skin causes the tightening of the microcirculation in the blood stream, known as vasoconstriction, causing the blood vessels and capillaries to dilate; flushing toxins & impurities from the skin.
The vasoconstriction process accelerates the oxygenation of dermal cells, which in turn stimulates collagen production, and promotes cell turnover. The Vasoconstriction process is why Cryo Facials help reduce the size of your pores.
Cryo Facials also help with reducing inflammation in general. Lowering tissue temperature slows down what scientists call ‘secondary injury’, the blood collecting in tissues. It can limit the amount of bleeding and may help with bruising. The anti-inflammatory properties of Cryotherapy are beneficial for a variety of skin ailments
Who’s an ideal candidate?
Cryotherapy facials are a noninvasive cosmetic procedure and, unlike certain peels or microdermabrasion, they won’t leave skin looking red or raw.
Really, anyone who wants a glow is a good candidate for a cryotherapy facial, especially those who feel that their skin looks tired or dull.
CRYO FACIALS ARE AN EFFECTIVE THERAPY FOR MANY CONDITIONS SUCH AS:
• Headaches & Migraines
*You should always consult your doctor before stopping any other medications or therapies
• Stimulates collagen production
• Decreases puffiness and Inflammation while helping shrink your pores
• Great to do after facial surgery.
• Restores the firmness of the skin
• Rejuvenating tired and lifeless skin
• Decreases puffiness in the face
• Reduces Headaches/Migraines
• Lightening scars and other pigmentation irregularities
• Treating several skin conditions (as above)
Cryo facials target the face and, in some cases, the neck or décolletage.
Healthcare providers sometimes use this cryotherapy technique on other areas of the body. Cryotherapy may, for example, help reduce symptoms of migraine and arthritis pain, treat mood disorders, freeze cancer cells, and potentially reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia.
Preparing for your facial
We recommend preparing for the cryo facial as you would for any other facial.
• If you get Botox or other injectables, make sure to wait at least 2 weeks before scheduling your cryo facial.
• Drink lots of water in the days before, so your skin is hydrated.
• Also, avoid heavy exfoliation and any new products that could irritate your skin.
• If possible, try to show up without heavy makeup — this will cut down the overall time of the procedure.
• These facials are so popular, in part, because they’re fast and affordable, with no downtime or redness of the skin afterward.
• A typical session lasts about 15 to 30 minutes, with the actual pumping lasting only 2 to 3 minutes.
Cryo facials are an effective way to tighten and brighten the skin. The cold process helps increase blood flow to the face, which can make the skin look healthy and plump.
Cryo Facial Explained
During a cryo facial, the intense cold causes the blood vessels to contract and the pores to tighten.
Once your skin returns to its normal temperature, blood vessels dilate quickly. This causes an increase in the flow of blood and oxygen to the face; which can make skin glow and more vibrant, and may also cause your lips to look more plump .
The rush of blood and oxygen can also make the face look less swollen . Cryotherapy, in general, may have health benefits for people with skin conditions. Here’s a study showing whole-body cryotherapy can help reduce atopic dermatitis symptoms.
CRYO FACIALS specifically targets fine lines, pore size & wrinkles. Studies show that repeated sessions help to activate collagen production. It’s an awakening of sorts, with immediate tightening & glowing skin!