Whole Body Cryotherapy is a process of being exposed to extremely cold temperatures via nitrogen gas for a scheduled period. This treatment is beneficial for reducing general pain and inflammation, increasing metabolism, providing an immune boost, reducing swelling, and more.
In some situations, Localized Cryotherapy is useful to get quick results for treating specific areas of concern. Different from Whole Body Cryotherapy, this can be employed to hit precise areas of the body. Localized Cryo is extremely effective for reducing inflammation, treating varicose veins, joint and muscle pain, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and plantar fasciitis.
What is local cryotherapy? Does it work?
• Localized Cryotherapy delivers cold treatment to a specific area of the body instead of the whole body. Think of a spot treatment. This procedure can be employed to target many areas of the body that is suffering from acute pain, inflammation,.
• A Localized Cryotherapy session lasts only for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Localized cold air treatments are taken to temperatures of -25° to -40° F. Skin temperature constantly monitored, there is continuous communication during the entire treatment process.
• Due to this treatment, blood vessels narrow down that reduces inflammation and swelling in the target area with the flushing the tissue of waste and fluid. Once the body begins to warm up, the affected area gets back the recovering flow of blood which helps is a high range of motion. This is a very useful method that provides much quicker results and can give instant relief to swollen tissues, painful joints, and muscle tremors.
• This treatment can be done directly on the affected areas for reducing inflammation and acute pain issues. Specific areas of the body can receive this procedure externally, such as: the lower back, upper back, neck, shoulder, wrist, elbow, hip, ankle, knee, and heels. The treatment has also proved to be useful to reduce acne, scars, treat psoriasis, eczema, and other inflammation triggered skin conditions. Both Localized Cryotherapy and Whole-Body Cryotherapy are combined to get optimal results for many issues.
Super beneficial for Athletes:
• Intense physical activities and active routines are likely to experience musculoskeletal injuries. This could be due to unpredicted accidents, neglected use of sports equipment and training, accidents, etc.
• Apart from helping athletes recover from injuries; post-surgical patients may also find benefits from this treatment. The treatment may have direct impact on inflammation, which will aid in the curing process, and the individual will experience less pain and more easy, flexible movements.
• Localized Cryotherapy also has an impact on decreasing the threshold of nerve endings which in turn helps reduce muscle spasms. This could be more beneficial when employed together with stretching exercises. Doing regular rehabilitation exercises post local cryotherapy treatments has proven to give more strength, and accelerate healing.
• Quick Flushing of fluid and waste tissues
• Decreases inflammation
• Enhanced range of motion
• Return of regenerative blood supply in a huge proportion
Detailed benefits of localized Cryotherapy:
The impact of local cryotherapy is different from Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) in many ways. WBC provides oxygen and nutrients to our blood. Localized cryotherapy pushes blood away from the inflamed area or injured part of the body. This process occurs at a particular therapeutic temperature. Blood will return with nutrients back to the target area stimulating recovery.
Different from Ice packs in treating injuries:
A traditional external method of treating acute pain is by using an ice pack. In comparison, localized cryotherapy is a game changer:
• The treatment exposes the skin to a constant therapeutic temperature.
• Ice packs are very slow to send signals to the brain which later feels the delayed freezing effect to send the blood to the target area to warm it up. This warming effort has the maximum chance of reducing inflammatory progression. Due to this, it results in delaying or eliminating the lactic acid build up in the tissue.
• A major consideration of local cryotherapy in comparison to ice packs; once the (localized) therapy is completed, the target area can be flexed immediately. With respect to ice packs, the target area will be stiff and numb to a point until it warms up.
Headaches and Sinuses:
There are plenty of other treatments for localized Cryotherapy than our bodies. Other than these uses of reducing acute pain and skin rejuvenation; cryotherapy has provided positive results in people suffering from migraine, and allergy related issues. Since localized cryotherapy provides the option to treat nerves from the spinal cord and brain, migraine pain issues are decreases immediately. People who are suffering from sinus issues due to certain kinds of allergies could also see much benefit from these treatments. It is possible to work on the sinus zone and reduce the inflammatory response in the cavity to have a direct impact on allergic reactions.
Localized Cryotherapy is the most efficient, quickest, and convenient way to promote recovery in the body’s soft tissue and muscles.